The atom consists of three subatomic particles:
- The proton: protons are inside the nucleus of the atoms, they have positive charge of +e (), and a mass of approximately
- The neutron: neutrons are also located inside the nucleus of the atoms, they have no electrical charge and mass similar to the mass of the proton
- The electron: electrons orbit around the nucleus in a cloud, they have negative charge of -e (), and their mass is about 1800 time smaller than the mass of the proton ()
The structure of an Atom Quick Check
1. Which subatomic particle has a negative charge? Electron
2. The number of protons in one atom of an element is that element's... Atomic Number
3. Which statement about subatomic particles is NOT true? Protons and neutrons have the same charge.
4. How many neutrons are in the isotope carbon-14? 8
okay i have so many questions. but the big one here is: um wt..f is this mess? ?
no 1 you are spot on ball at rest in grass
2 if car stops people keep going newton 1 until the window tries to stop them seatbelts
3 yup to go forward he pushes boat back and may get wet
4 yup f=ma bigger f biggger a further it goes good game golf
5 bike and boy are moving but what about air resistance ?
6 if it's that the heavy mass doesn't go as far as the lighter masss f=ma f same m,a different then yes