Factors that have increased globalization include but are not limited to;
- Increase in and expansion of technology
- Liberalization of cross border trade and resource movements.
- Development of service that support international business.
- Increased global competition
- Growing consumer pressures.
- Changing political situations.
- Expanded cross-national cooperation.
Let's not forget the declining of tariffs which is what encourages trading across borders and open up new markets.
The information and communication technology explosion, which makes the coordination of far-flung operations easier and also tends to increase the commonality of consumer tastes.
Access to larger markets means that firms may experience higher demand for their products.