Nephrons, the functional unit of kidneys, are responsible for formation of urine. the sentences describe situations that are the result of problems in the urine formation process. for the nephron shown below, match each situation to the step in the urine formation process where the problem lies.
1. Stella's urine contains protein due to inadequate reabsorption.
2. High toxin levels in blood are due to Secretion,
3. Increased Metabolic wastes are due to inadequate Reabsorption,
4. Presence of vital Vitamins in urine is due to inadequate Reabsorption.
its not showing the choices
The question is incomplete it has options that are:
(Options for all tiles are reabsorption and secretion) Tiles- 1. Stella's urine sample shows the presence of proteins 2. Johns blood test report indicates a high toxin level 3. Miguel's blood test shows an increase in metabolic waste 4. Janice's urine report shows the presence of vital minerals
The match of each situation is described below.
1. The presence of protein in Stella's urine is a indication of impaired filtration or insufficient absorption. The less reabsorption at proximal tubule causes the protein to remain in filtrate and excreting it in urine.
2. The high level of toxin in the blood test of Johns indicates that toxin are not secreted properly out of the body from kidney. Thus, less elimination of toxin increases its amount in blood.
3. The metabolic waste is excreted from the body through kidneys (excretory organ). The metabolic waste will be due to inadequate reabsorption. The kidney might fails to filter waste properly or waste gets reabsorbed can lead to its increase in Miguel's blood.
4. The maximum valuable substances for the body gets reabsorbed after filtration. This allows in retaining minerals in the body. The inadequate reabsorption can lead to release of vital minerals in Janice's urine.